Have you ever locked yourself out of your smartphone or tablet? Or perhaps you acquired a used phone but can’t get past the lock screen. That feeling of helplessness and panic setting in is something I wouldn’t wish on anyone. You start to think about how to perform Android lock screen removal and unlock Android phone. After all, you rely on your phone for so much throughout the day. We’re going to talk about what to do if you forgot android password. The most complete solution I found comes from the developers at Wondershare in their Windows application, dr.fone – Unlock (Android).
The hard truth is, you can’t do anything with the phone if you forget your password or if you entered an unintended character when setting up the password. This happens more than I thought. It has not happened to me…yet, but no one is immune so I went looking for solutions that I could share with you here.
Of course, you can always do a factory reset or place the phone in recovery mode by turning the power off and pressing both the volume down and power keys together. You will need to hold these keys down until the phone vibrates. This will take you to the boot screen.
The problem with this method is that in order to recover the phone, you will lose your data. That’s too painful to think about. So what do you do to get Android lock screen removal and unlock Android phone.
dr.fone will remove four types of lock screen.
It does this without losing any of your precious data. The app is easy to use. No technical knowledge required. Anyone can do an Android lock screen removal and unlock Android phone.
- Remove Lock Screen on Android phones
- No Data Loss
- Works with many Samsung and LG Devices
- Easy to use
- 100% Secure
dr.fone is a Windows application. It will work for Samsung Galaxy S/Note/Tab series, and LG G2/G3/G4, and more. You can check the complete list here.
There are a lot of scenarios that can cause you to be locked out of your Android phone.
- Forgot the password
- Got a second-hand locked Android device
- The kids reset the password and forgot it
- You entered the wrong password too many times
- A broken screen is preventing you from entering the password
There are many situations like this. But now you can perform an Android lock screen removal and unlock Android phone easily with dr.fone.
dr.fone performs a number of functions other than unlocking your device. You can recover data, transfer data between your device and computer. Copy data from one phone to another. Perform a backup and restore. You can repair or permanently erase your device. You can even backup and restore social apps like WhatsApp, Line, Kik, Viber, and WeChat.
Android lock screen removal to unlock Android phone
- For the purpose of this article, we’re going to focus on Android lock screen removal and unlock Android phone. Here are the steps:
- Download dr.fone and install.
- Launch the application.
- Select the “Unlock” option.
- Connect your device to the PC.
- Once your device is detected, click on the “Start” button.
- Put your phone into Download Mode. Turn it off and long press the Home, Power, and the Volume Down key at the same time. Afterward, press the Volume Up key to enter the Download Mode on your system.
- The application will automatically detect once your device enters the Download mode.
- Your device will start downloading the recovery package and perform the needed steps to unlock your device.
- Once the process is completed, simply disconnect your device.
There are other options to get Android lock screen removal and unlock Android phone besides dr.fone. But, these other options are not as secure or as fast as dr.fone.
The Android Device Manager (also known as Find My Device) can be used to remotely change its lock.
On older Android devices running Android 4.4 or older you can use the “Forgot Pattern” option to perform the pattern unlock.
Samsung phones have a dedicated feature for finding a Samsung device remotely and performing various operations on it. The Samsung Find My Mobile service can be used to locate the device, change its lock, wipe data, and more.
As mentioned earlier, you can perform a factory reset. This should only be considered as your last resort since it will wipe all the data and saved settings on your device.
- dr.fone supports Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7, Vista and XP.
- CPU, 1GHz (32 bit or 64 bit)
- RAM, 256 MB (1024 MB Recommended)
- Hard Disk Space, 1 GB or more
There is a Mac version for iOS devices as well that works in much the same way.
Don’t put yourself in the position where you have to choose between losing all your data and settings in order to remove the lock screen on your Android device. Keep your data and your settings and remove the lock screen with dr.fone.
More on this topic: The Android Advantage