Using proxies protects your information when you are browsing the internet. They do this by hiding your IP address as well as your geographic location, which makes it hard for websites or malicious people to track activities. These proxy servers act as gateways or middlemen between your computer and the rest of the internet. Instead of direct communication to a website, your computer uses a proxy to relay a request and receive feedback. There are three types of proxies. These are:
- Residential proxies: This is a dedicated IP address that is provided to a homeowner. The service is provided by an ISP.
- Shared Proxies: These are cheap shared proxies used by multiple users. You can use this option to gain anonymity and browse the web without any restrictions. They can allow you to connect to a website showing a different location. The USA and European proxies will enable you to access geo-restricted content to those regions. You can also make online purchases to enjoy great deals.
- Private or data center proxies
Datacenter proxies refer private proxies without affiliation or association to an ISP or Internet Service Provider. A secondary composition provides you with private IP authentication. You achieve improved anonymity when you use this type of proxies.
Benefits of using data center proxies include:
- They are great proxies for data parsing as they have a great response time, and they are also very affordable. You are able to purchase the data center proxies on a budget as well as in bulk. Getting them from a genuine provider means that you will be getting quality service.
- Reduced downtime and lagging as they are only used by one person at a time.
- You can make a request from a specific geographical location.
- They keep your location and IP as hidden when you are web scraping. If your business relies on harvesting data from the web, you can use data center proxies. However, it is advisable to ensure that you are buying the proxies from reputable companies.
- Some websites are able to detect these types of proxies and may even lock them out. However, your IP address is still kept anonymous in these cases. If you see you have been banned or blocked from accessing a particular website, you needn’t worry as your information is still protected.
There are many ways that you can categorize proxies from the protocol used, which could be HTTP or SOCKS, to the type of access that can refer to shared or private proxies and many other ways. You need to assess what you need to achieve by the use of a proxy before you shop for the best type.
Remember that where the Shared or Dedicated Proxies are located also matters a lot. Some content on the internet has been restricted to some servers or proxies such as German proxies or other locations. You need to keep this in mind when purchasing proxies. You can also be flagged if you are using proxies from high-risk geographical locations.