AI and Healthcare
You might think that Artificial Intelligence is being created only to advance the technology we have and make everything smart. Smartphones, cities, but does it apply to healthcare as well? You will be surprised how much influence AI has over the live-saving industry. There are a few important things you need to know about the relationship between the Artificial Intelligence and Healthcare industry and here they are.
Technology is getting more sophisticated at following and mirroring human moves and thinking. The potential of applying modern robotics and AI in healthcare is endless. Eight fields within the healthcare industry are able and will implement AI in the near future. They are:
- Early and more accurate detection of diseases in the human body.
- Unlocking vast amounts of health data and diagnosis powered by AI.
- Helping people stay healthy with the help of the Internet of Medical Things.
- Support for clinical decision making by using pattern recognition.
- Improvements in geriatric care or end of life care by improving older people’s independence and reduce the need for hospitalization.
- Cutting the cost of research and improving its speed and accuracy.
- Improvement of the medical training process.
And these are only things already predicted to happen. It is tough to measure or guess how AI will really affect the healthcare industry. We don’t have a clue on how Artificial Intelligence will evolve. The possibilities for AI applications in healthcare are once again endless, and it feels like we discovered only the tip of an iceberg. The transformation is already underway, so make sure to follow the latest trends and developments in both industries on sites like Inside Tech. Be your health is in good hands, and it will be in even better ones soon.